Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do you think these were traumatic hair experiences I went through?

When I was younger, my former foster mom used to get her friend from bible class to give me %26amp; my twin sister relaxers. They used to burn the $hit out of us %26amp; leave us with chemical burns, so we'd try to hide %26amp; lock ourselves in the bathroom when it was time to get a perm (relaxer).



A few yrs. later, the foster mom would put dookie braids (braids used with hair extensions) in our hair %26amp; make the rubber bands too tight %26amp; pull our scalp. %26amp; she'd put brown hair gel %26amp; we'd end up having sores in our scalp. I vividly remember the gel being COLD.



Throughout Jr. High, she kept our hair cut like boys because the dermatologist told her to cut the perm out of our hair since we have seborrhea, which is similar to psoriasis. %26amp; people would tease us, calling us boys %26amp; beating us up for no reason.



Clear gel makes my hair look the best %26amp; the neatest. But I'm traumatized by that cold, icky feeling on my scalp. It brings back uncomfortable memories %26amp; makes me cringe.



Do you think these were traumatic hair experiences I went through?

Yes, you need to get back into doing your hair, but slowly. Take things one step at a time. I think that you might have had issues before your hair, and your fears are just kept there.



I would consider some sort of counseling, seriously. I think it might help you out a lot more then what you really think.



Good luck! I'm sure you look wonderful!



Do you think these were traumatic hair experiences I went through?

You did have a traumatic time with your hair during your childhood. Your stepmother treated you and your sister very cruelly. I am sorry that happened to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment