Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

I have super straight, natural hair, with the exception of a few pieces near my face. It hardly holds a curl anytime. The only way I can style it a way other than straight, is to "crimp" it with a 3-rod conair good-looking plated iron. I want natural looking waves! I have tried sprays, ("sea" sprays) blow drying my hair in a bun, braiding it at night (doesn't turn out right) and many other things. the length is a little longer than the bottom of my shoulder blades, and I am 15 so i'm not huge.



anything?



: /



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

Try instead of crimping your hair curling with a a heated curling tong,(these are pretty cheap from a place like priceline ect).



Curl it all over and then run your fingers through the curls gently,finally spritz your hair with some hairspray or sea spray ect.



This should give your hair a nice wavy look without being too straight or too curly! =D



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

What works for me, is taking a shower at night and going to bed right away, with my hair still wet. When I wake up it has natural waves that almost looks like very loose crimping. I don't know if it will work for you, but it's worth a shot. I know I have a friend who has super straight hair and it doesn't work for her, but you might as well try :) I hope it helps. Also gel seems to hold in curls and waves pretty well, if you don't mind the sometimes-crispy feeling it gives when it dries ;/



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

ways i no to get your hair wavy are some of what you said that didn't work. You could put you hair into 2 french braids at night(make sure hair is wet) and then in the morning gently brush out the curles and make them into waves. This is the healtiest way, another wya it to curl your hair and brush it trough. when u get out of the shower towel dry your hiar and ruffle it with the towle. you can also get some curl defining gel and put that in you hair every oring. hope i helped good luck!



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

I'm the SAME exact way!



I have pin-straight thin hair too.



If you want mega curly, buy those sponge curlers, they're really cheap!



Take a 1 inch chunk of your hair, twirl it, then wrap it around the curler and repeat till you whole head is covered, sleep on it.



( I would not recommend doing this with wet hair, it might dry in time....)



You could also get a perm, but it would take a week or two for it too turn into a wave.



PS. Curl hair is out, pin-straight it in!!



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

I think that your best bet would be to go and have a perm put in it. nothing to curly though, the hair styler should have pictures of perms that you can look through and alot of them are a loose wave perm. and the good thing about a perm is that you can still straighten your hair and your perm will not be "lost" so to speak. when you wash your hair the perm will still be there. Hope this answers your question. if you dont want to get a perm, try using a diffuser, you can get them with a blow dryer and it sticks on the end of it and it helps to curl hair, even hair that is not naturally curly.



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

When you braid it at night try washing your hair and let it air dry. When it's still kinda damp put a little gel, mousse or a leave in conditioner. Braid it really tight in French braids. Be sure to braid it all the way down to the ends, then twist it up in little buns so that the ends can crinkle completly.



It should work, it works for me!!



PS



Don't get a perm (so 1990s) and don't comb or brush your hair when you take out the braids just gently run your fingers though it.



I want wavy hair, but have naturally straight hair. help? :(?

Don't crimp!!! It is so bad for you hair. For waves its is easiest without killing your hair to braid. Leave it in a tight dry braid for a day or two and you will have nice waves.(hairspray is optional depending on the look you are going for) A wet braid with out any product in it along with a blow dryer will have a similar effect, and a braid with some gel will last but be crunchy. If your hair is straight, but has body just towel dry and scrunch with gel in your hands.(you can spray your hair with salt water in a spray bottle for a beachy look. Salt water has some cool or not so cool effects on your hair depending on the type.)Big rollers with a touch of Hairspray can give curls, or a small curling iron that you use on only some strands. Remember dirty hair CURLs better than clean. If nothing works try going to your local beauty school they usually do a great job and are muchhhh cheaper then the usual hair salon so you can try different styles with out breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment