Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Help with hair extentions?!?...african american hair stylist?

Ok so i normally have really think hair but around june of 07 my hair starting breaking off, my mom told me that it was breaking off badly but i didnt know how much because i cant see the back of my head. anyway its now december and my hair went from laying slightly on my back to about an 1/2 - 1 inch above my shoulders or more. we, my mom and i decided to try putting braids in my hair. we did that on the 10th i believe an i took them out last night, they were itchy and im use to washing my hair once a week and i was dying to wash it. to get to the point my hair looks a mess and i wanted to know some information about hair extentions. my mom told me that she knew nothing about it and to look into it so i wanted to know if anyone could give me some info about it or tell me if i need it for my hair, the pros and cons and all that stuff...and i you do recommend it please tell me what kind is best for my hair...i am also tyrying to grow out my perm...srry for the long explanation...thanks!



Help with hair extentions?!?...african american hair stylist?

um no i don't believe extensions or a perm is the answer. when i was about 14 my hair started breaking off in the back as well and i considered all your options and more. turns out that i was putting my hair up too much. i would put it in a pony tail everyday and tie it very tightly and because of that my hair was thinner in the back and it looked ugly. so i decided to cut it (it was kind of past my shoulders at the time). i got a mega bob and it looked great (without chemicals). now my hair is back to it's old length and its full and pretty.



if you put your hair up alot or press it every day i think those are your main problems. cut down on both of those things and you will see your hair start to grow. and don't be afraid to cut it. i know alot of black girls are afraid to cut their hair because they think it will take years to grow back but the truth is black hair can grow just a nicely as white hair it just needs to be taken care of in the right way.



if you do decide to pursue those options (and i suggest you dont because they harm more than help) i some basic info. i've never had either of them myself but i know what they entail.



extensions: you can get a weave where they sew hair into your roots or you can get glue. weaves are painful and glue tends to fall out if washed wrong. if u choose to have fake hair put on it will look incredibly cheap and ugly like New York's hair. if you get real hair it can look nice but its crazy expensive and u have to get a good hair dresser which is also expensive. extensions are incredibly high maintenance and need alot of care and even then they can get out of control.... don't get them



Help with hair extentions?!?...african american hair stylist?

Well there are different kinds of methods.



-Conrows/ Sewn-in. Where they braid your hair and then sew in the extensions into your braids. Since you said your hair itches when in braids, I wouldn't do this one.



-Strand by strand. Where they take a piece of your hair and attach the extensions to each strand. The attach it with a small tube. I think will be good because this allows you to grow your hair out. These last 3-4 months. The tubes are also reuseable. The hair you have to use is I-Tip hair extension(human hair) DO NOT EVER USE SYNETHIC HAIR!!! This is the most expensive.



-Fusion. Before I explain this one, I'm telling you right away not to use this because this messes your hair up! FACT. They use keratin glue to attach the hair extensions. This glue will pull your hair out.



-Clip in. This is one you attach the hair with this clip(that is attached to the hair) to your real hair. This is good because I has no damage to your hair, but it slips out and you have to take them out every night, you can't sleep with them on. TRUST me this is a hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment